5 Free Apps to Help you Eat Healthier and Get Fit
I can’t believe it has already been a little over a year that I have been married and I still feel fresh in that honeymoon stage! I am very happy about this fact except for one thing: I have been indulging in honeymoon style eating for way too long and it is starting to show. So after a little research, I am very excited to say that I have found five awesome apps that have inspired me to become more rigorous about my fitness and food choices. And the best part is that they are available to download for free on iPhone and Android.
- Fooducate – This app is a great tool to use on the go to find out how healthy are the foods that you buy. Scan the barcode of the product and it will give you a grade based on its nutrition facts and ingredients. High scores are given to foods that are minimally processed and contain antioxidants and natural nutrients whereas more processed foods that may contain ingredients that are genetically modified (GMO) will have low scores. It then gives recommendations for healthier alternatives.
- My Fitness Pal – From fitness goals to food journals, this app has all of the tools you need to get you to your goal! It offers a quick and easy calorie counter with over 1.3 million food items stored and allows you to enter your meals and daily exercise to actively track your progress.
- Lose it! – Create a calorie budget, track your exercise and receive insight about your meal choices with this engaging app. It also integrates with the Fitbit tracker and Withings wireless scale and allows you to post your progress to Facebook and Twitter.
- Run Keeper – This actively engaged social community boasts over 14 million users that connect over Facebook and Twitter.
- The Eatery – This app provides a food tracker where you snap photos of your meals and then rate them from fat to fit. It tracks your intake and shares it with other users that rate your meal choices as well.
Do you have any apps that motivate you to get fit? Please share!:)