April: Top 5 picks for Natural Beauty and Skincare Products that Work!
This morning I was reading a great article on the Broke Girls Guide “10 under $10: Our Favorite Natural Beauty Products” and it inspired me to share some of my own findings this month. In April, I have been extremely fortunate in that I have found all kinds of natural beauty and skincare products that have really delivered on there stated promise. I was shocked to find a volumizing shampoo and conditioner that actually did just that, and gave me a complete reversal on my struggle with limp locks in one washing! Yes, you heard me correctly, one wash = awesome results! I also found a 50 SPF facial sunscreen from Kiehls that is so light I barely notice it after application and a natural deodorant that actually works! My luck continued throughout a variety of saves and splurges that, all in all, were worth every penny, so here are my top 5 picks for April:
- Everyday Coconut Super Hydrating Body Wash & Super Hydrating Body Lotion: This skin soother is a great deal at 31 cents a gallon and is made from the fair trade virgin Coconut Oil extracted by hand from organic coconuts in West Africa. This oil is loaded with natural antioxidants and protects the skin from damaging free-radicals while also sustaining the Alaffia company which generates funds to conduct community enhancement projects in West African nations in order to reduce poverty and gender inequality.
- JĀSÖN® thin to THICK Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner: This no-nonsense volumizing shampoo went to work instantly and gave my hair a much needed boost of volume after only one wash. At roughly $8.50 a bottle this product wont break the bank and the JĀSÖN® company has been using only natural ingredients in their products since 1959.
- Kiehls Super Fluid UV defense SPF 50+: Although a bit of a splurge, I seem to have just found this $39 in store product for $26 on Amazon! I say, either way, this product is worth the investment because it is the ultimate in wrinkle prevention with maximum protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays . Kiehls has been dedicated to using all natural products since 1851 and the ultra light consistency of this product makes it practically unnoticeable when added under makeup.
- Crystal Body Deodorant Stick: I wouldn’t believe it if you told me a month ago that there is a natural deodorant that is odorless and actually works but I found one! This crystal stick is odorless, paraben free, aluminum free and hypoallergenic and best of all it is clear and leaves none of those chalky deodorant stains behind on dark clothes!
- Lush Charity Pot: This vegan product is made in a 100% recyclable pot that you can bring back to Lush and refill with its natural blend of Cocoa Butter, Almond Oil and other natural ingredients. As a person who constantly has dry hands from washing them all day, this is a great product to keep in your purse. 100% of the proceds go to help grassroots organizations in areas that help communities with environmental conservation, animal welfare and human rights.