Healthy Family Activities to Celebrate Easter
This weekend will be a time for many families to reunite in celebration of Easter which is a great opportunity to spend quality time together. The holiday falls during the perfect time of year to spend time outside enjoying the return of the sunshine, blooming flowers and baby animals found all around. And there are so many wonderful activities to enjoy that do not include fake plastic eggs, sugary sweets or life sized bunnies that usually leave the kids crying.
Here are a few new fun traditions to try with your family this weekend!
- For an Easter egg hunt, hide some of your childrens favorite toys or decorations and sneak in a few new treats to spice up the search. Colorful books, crayons, colored pencils and stencils are some ideas that could also be used for a fun craft project once the hunt is over. If you do opt to dye eggs, check out these natural ways to color and decorate them!
- Make cute collectors of Easter hunt treats out of old pillowcases or reusable grocery bags decorated with colorful hair ties, ribbons and fun jewelry (great for those earrings that are missing their match).
- Take your family to a local botanical garden, flower nursery or cherry blossom festival (find out if there is one near you here). This is a great opportunity for beautiful family photos with flowers in full bloom as a backdrop.
- Visit a local farm where your children can see live farm animals, chickens laying eggs and baby chicks all roaming free.
- Plant some flowers in your yard with your children. This will give you a great new hobby as a family to care for the new buds and watch them grow together. Find out which flowers are in season here!
I would love to hear any ideas you have for festive family activities this Easter weekend!
Hope you enjoy spending time with your loved ones!